Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Get Out


OK
Friends really matter. We just finished a "workshop" at my beach house. 4 of us hauled our equipment [and dogs] to Bethany to paint paint paint. Predictions of thunderstorms...
hmmm.
Well, what the heck.
Here we are ...
acknowledging the need /importance of support, shop talk and shared action.
I also keep in mind two key elements to creating good work ... ENTHUSIASM and DISCIPLINE [thank you, Dick Bond!] For me , both of these are fostered by my connection to fellow artists. I am charged up by conversations about the craft of painting, struggles to define "ART", the joint angst of a group of artists in an atellier, challenged by each other and/or a teacher to stretch techinique, improve skills, change perspective...
Its like breathing out in out
diving into my production mode ... creative mode and then surfacing to look around,
GET OUT and join with friends. Look back with new eyes at my work, their work... our work.
Somehow the word graceful fits into this pattern of creative movement. Get out and back gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment